Preparation for the interview includes:
- Learn about the organization.
- Have a specific job or jobs in mind.
- Review your qualifications for the job.
- Prepare answers to broad questions about yourself.
- Review your resume.
- Practice an interview with a friend or relative.
- Arrive before the scheduled time of your interview.
Personal appearance includes:
- Be well groomed.
- Dress appropriately.
- Do not chew gum or smoke.
The interview includes:
- Relax and answer each question concisely.
- Respond promptly.
- Use good manners.
- Learn the name of your interviewer and shake hands as you meet.
- Use proper English avoid slang.
- Be cooperative and enthusiastic.
- Ask questions about the position and the organization.
- Thank the interviewer when you leave and, as a followup, in writing.
Information to bring to an interview:
- Social Security card.
- Government-issued identification (driverís license).
- Resume. Although not all employers require applicants to bring a resume, you
should be able to furnish the interviewer information about your education,
training, and previous employment.
- References. Employers typically require three references. Get permission
before using anyone as a reference. Make sure that they will give you a good
reference. Try to avoid using relatives as references.
Resource Index -
Job Sites -
Personality Tests -
Resume Tips -
Interview Tips -
Resume Distribution -
Job Search -
Career Tests -
Online Certification -
Career Goal Setting -
Find a Lawyer - PerfectLawyers -
Personal Injury Lawyers